Saturday, March 19, 2011

Walk With Me

So today my post is about me..I’m taking the fabulous Blogging Your Way course with Holly of Decor8 and Leslie of A Creative Mint which I can highly recommend! In this post I’m applying some of the inspiring things I’m learning and giving you a glimpse into my life. I live in Cape Town, a gorgeously scenic city at the tip of Africa and today I’ve got some things to do in the eclectic suburb of Woodstock.

So spend the day with me. Come on, let’s go…

09:00am First up, we’re off to the hip Upper Eastside Hotel to meet a friend for coffee and photograph the lobby of this relaxed yet sophisticated space. The hotel takes advantage of the panoramic views of the Mother City and draws its design inspiration from the roaring twenties Art Deco era. Have a look around and don’t forget to admire the laser-cut screens and sleek, contemporary style:

12

10:20am Ok, next up is my favourite art supply store called The Deckle Edge. A friendly, helpful shop which stocks a wide variety of beautiful paper, art materials and graphic supplies for designers and crafters alike. I have the habit of quickly nipping in with the initial plan of just purchasing 1 or 2 things, but you know how it goes… such pretty, colourful materials that I really want need! Anyway, here’s a glimpse of the colours that caught my eye:

3

4

11:10am Right, feeling a bit hungry? Let’s head on down the road to The Old Biscuit Mill for a quick bite to eat. The Old Biscuit Mill is a vibrant ‘village’ in the hub of Woodstock and a definite stop-off for anyone visiting Cape Town. Day and night markets are hosted here, and the Mill has foodie and design treat for locals and tourists alike. Food stalls, designer boutiques and tasty cafes enrich this warm-hearted space, surrounded by the charming architecture of the city. Today I feel like a delicious sandwich from Saucisse, a boutique deli offering the best in cheeses, cured meats, bread and so much more, all sourced from local suppliers. Saucisse had daily specials and I adore the food-inspired quotes which adorn the walls. What do you think?

5

Next door is the Espresso Lab Microroasters, which I’ve posted about before here. If you’re after a caffeine experience that takes coffee exploration to the next level, then this is the place for you!

Time to head back home now. Thanks for joining me today on my meander around Woodstock!

DSC00762

Upper Eastside Hotel Brickfield Road, Woodstock, Cape Town

The Deckle Edge 88 Roodebloem Road Woodstock

Saucisse Deli Unit A112, The Old Biscuit Mill, Woodstock

all photography by me

No comments:

Post a Comment