Wednesday, May 9, 2012

{Almost daily outfit of the day} The trauma of pants 5.9.12


Thrifted J Crew chambray shirt; Old Navy cropped chinos; Old Navy belt; Gap sandals; thrifted vintage Coach bag

Ah, pants. Spending an afternoon finding the right pair is akin to hunting for the Holy Grail, only with more tears, hand-wringing, and prostration before God. Mind you, there is nothing intrinsically wrong with pants. The right pair keeps you warm in winter, makes your legs look slimmer and longer, and does truly magical things to your butt. However, the wrong pair gapes at the waist, makes your legs look stumpy, are cut so low that they require a bikini wax and leads to unfortunate conditions such as camel toe and visible panty lines.

My issues with pants are a result of legitimate disastrous experiences in them. There was the time that I tried to pull off super-wide legs I'd swooned over at Anthropolgie. They looked like they were eating my butt and swallowing my legs, but I insisted on buying them anyway.

That was particularly unfortunate.

I consider myself incredibly lucky that I found these cropped green chinos on clearance at Old Navy this week. They're flattering, comfortable, and trendy for spring. I love how they fit. I love how they look. And I love that they were just $12. However, I do not love that this pair were the last available in the store and online in my size.

Oh pants, how you torment me. 



No comments:

Post a Comment