Wednesday, March 21, 2012

{Almost daily outfit of the day} In the trenches 3.20.12


Thrifted Norma Kamali trench coat; Gap Outlet jeans; thrifted Gap chambray blouse; Ellen Tracy heels; thrifted Coach "Willis' satchel; Old Navy belt; Forever 21 bracelets

I want you all to know that I tried very hard to prevent this post from dissolving into a discussion about Downton Abbey, but I am so obsessed with that show that I could not continue without it. I am convinced that Netflix added Downton Abby because they're planning to take over the world while the rest of us get nothing done. If you haven't seen Downton Abbey, the show captures the behavior of an aristocratic family and their meddling but loyal servants against the rigid societal boundaries of the Victorian era. Today's photos, containing my recently thrifted trench coat, instantly reminded me of the intrigue and diabolical manipulation at play between Downton characters. Let's hope the show doesn't kindle a longing for corsets. That would be too much.



No comments:

Post a Comment