Monday, March 26, 2012

{Almost daily outfit of the day} In which I face my own death 3.26.12


Thrifted Thomas Pink shirt; thrifted Anthropologie skirt; Old Navy belt; Steve Madden pumps; vintage estate sale clutch; Forever 21 and Neiman Marcus bracelets; thrifted Michael Kors rose gold watch

On Saturday night I was driving home from a perfectly lovely tapas dinner with Stephanie, Erin, and Hilary when my front tire blew out. I've spent quite a bit of time behind the wheel, as evidenced by my long history of speeding tickets and traffic violations, but I've never gotten a flat in such a spectacular manner before. In case you're wondering what it's like to have your own front tire blow out, here's what happens: there's an ear-cracking BOOM! followed by uncontrollable swerving into the opposite lane and the terrifying realization that OH MY GOD, I AM GOING TO DIE, LIKE LITERALLY DIE A HORRIFICALLY PAINFUL DEATH RIGHT HERE ON THE FREEWAY AND I HAVEN'T MASTERED PATTERN MIXING YET AND I'M GOING TO MISS THE SEASON PREMIERE OF MAD MEN SWEET BABY JESUS AAARRRGGGHHH.

Of course, everything turned out okay. I made it off the freeway and my husband picked me up and had the car towed. When one emerges unscathed from such a treacherous event, pattern mixing doesn't seem so challenging after all.


No comments:

Post a Comment