Wednesday, March 28, 2012

{Almost daily outfit of the day} Triumph of the dowdy 3.28.12


Thrifted silk blouse; thrifted chiffon skirt; Steve Madden pumps; thrifted vintage python clutch; Forever 21 & Neiman Marcus bracelets

Friends, there is a fine line between looking modest and mature, and appearing dowdy. When I first put this ensemble together I was thinking more "Enchanting, Whimsically Youthful Fashion Blogger in A Polka Dot Skirt" than "Matronly Retired Accountant Who Eats Lean Cuisines In Her Basement Apartment While Listening To NPR And Lamenting Her Youth." I think my sensible pumps pushed me towards the latter. Before you know it I'll be watching old episodes of Matlock while stirring Metamucil into my instant coffee and yelling at neighborhood kids to get off my lawn.

Snarking aside, I have to admit I felt pretty in this silk blouse and drawstring skirt, and received a few compliments from random strangers. So you win, dowdy outfit. You win.



1 comment: