Friday, June 22, 2012

Pause.


There's a point in our lives where we desperately need to take a break. Either we're sick, or stressed out, or exhausted, or overwhelmed. No matter the reason, the end result is that we're unable to do much of anything except huddle in a fetal position in bed under the covers while watching old episodes of Grey's Anatomy that invariably make us cry and lamenting the things that have brought us to this point.

I've reached that point right about now.

As some of you might know, my husband and I are going through a divorce. Divorce kind of feels like someone has violently ripped your heart out of your chest and presented it to you on a silver platter while it is still beating. You can't eat. You can't sleep. You can't concentrate. You become anxious, tense, caustic. Your thoughts race. Your mind travels to some really scary and dark places - what if I'm left destitute? What if he tries to take the kids? What if he declares me unfit? What if I'm saddled with debt? Where will I live? What about the kids? What's going to happen to me?

How will I survive this?

The past week has been the worst period of my life. I'm scared. I'm hopeless. I've lost my ability to trust. So I'm taking a break from blogging. I'm going to NYC next week for a short visit to see family and gain some perspective. I have no idea when I'll feel up to blogging again, but I'm hoping it will be in the near future rather than later.

Thank you all for your continued support. I truly do not know what I would do without you.

No comments:

Post a Comment