Sunday, July 17, 2011

On Sundays I Smile - Week in review July 17th

On Sundays I take a moment to review the past week, and I Smile. I share these moments with you.


I present to you a sandwich that will change your life. Seriously. I'm not one to get passionate about food, but this delectable bite inspires me to write sonnets and paint watercolors and compose maudlin lyrics and prostrate myself on the restaurant floor. It's the club sandwich from Corner Market in the little town of Lakewood, near Dallas. Composed of homemade wheatberry bread, turkey, bacon, avocado, buttermilk mayo and sprouts, this sandwich seduces me into driving 30 minutes to order. It's that good.




And, to entice me even further, attached to Corner Market is a little cupcake shop called Society Bakery, which offers the best cupcakes in the city (and perhaps the world.) Essentially, my message in posting these pics is drive down to Lakewood, gain 10 pounds, and leave blissfully satisfied.





This is a $3.49 Versace yellow body-con dress. This dress literally made me jump up and down when I excavated it from the rack at my favorite thrift store. This is a dress I hugged close to my body (thrift store mustiness be dammed). This is a dress that caused me to emotionally high-five nearly every person that walked past. This is a dress I'm not sure I have the nerve to wear, but I'm hopeful I'll get over that.

Moving on.






I am not known for my gardening skills. As a matter of fact. I hate to garden. I despise getting dirty and sweaty and bugs just aren't my thing and even when, in an act of courage, I buy a potted plant, I manage to kill it. Or it commits suicide, I'm not sure which. So imagine my fear when we discovered our house has a peach tree in our side yard. This tree produces the sweetest, most delicious peaches I've ever eaten in my life. And doesn't require any work at all, aside from a spray with a hose every day. And even I can manage that.









Last night the family and I went to possibly the most country restaurant I've ever set foot in, The Trail Dust Steakhouse. There were scalped ties cut from people who dared to think this was a fancy establishment.There was an open-pit grill. There was a dance floor and live band playing country music. There were people wearing cowboy boots and hats and overalls and  ginormous belt buckles and not in a costumey Halloween way, but in a these-here-are-my-special-going-out-dancing-clothes - y'all way.

Now it's your turn: What are some things that made you smile this week? Grab my button
(created by Kate of Divergent Musings - HUGE THANKS to Kate!) and blog about your Sunday smiles; share your weekly smiles in the comments; or smile just because it makes you feels good.

As I'm nursing my heartburn from last night's dinner, here's what went down on Dress With Courage this week:


I had one major blog accomplishment this week:

  • Sal, author of Already Pretty and all-around blogging goddess, included my post on aspirational-sized clothing in her Lovely Links. This is a such an honor.
Thank you for supporting me by following my blog, continuing to leave thoughtful and introspective comments, and dropping by every day. I am so appreciative that you all are here.

If you're visiting my blog for the first time, please think about following me through Google Friend Connect, tweeting with me on Twitter (I'm quite witty on the Twitter, I promise), or becoming a Facebook fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment