Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Event recap: John Frieda Tour comes to Dallas

This past Saturday I was invited to attend the John Frieda Tour over at The Shops at Park Lane in Dallas.


Described as a mobile salon on wheels, the tour was held in a convertible truck that opened up into a full-size salon, complete with six hair stations, touch screens with product information, and consultation areas. Participants were invited to receive free 15-minute consultations from John Frieda stylists, many of whom are working as celebrity stylists in Los Angeles and New York City.  Each stylist was also equipped with an iPad, on which they could offer personal "prescriptions" of products depending on your hair care needs.







I met with Daniel, a stylist based in L.A, hoping to learn tips for preventing my faux red hair color from fading. He suggesting using a color-depositing shampoo such as John Freida's Radiant Red Shampoo every other day, and washing my hair with cool water. He also recommended limiting my shampoo use to three times a week, conditioning every day, and adding a dry shampoo for texture. He demonstrated their Volume Refresher, a dry shampoo he worked into the roots of my hair. It smelled divine, and felt light - a nice change from the molding wax I normally use for texturizing my pixie crop. I've been using it all week and have bee really pleased with the results.






Daniel also informed me that I can color my hair every fifteen days if needed. Considering red hair fades faster than other colors, I was a little excited to learn I don't need to wait the traditional 30 days to color (though blondes still need to wait it out, due to the harsher chemicals involved.) 

He also demonstrated the new John Frieda Precision Foam Hair Color, a product I'm truly excited to try. The drip-free formula blossoms into a rich, thick foam that covers every strand. Foam travels through hair better than liquids or creams and is more effective at saturating hair. And one box is enough to color even the longest, thickest crown of locks. Precision Foam Haircolor was developed in Japan after seven years of development, out of a quest to create a hair color that wouldn't drip into eyes while penetrating every strand of hair. Frieda first line of permanent haircolor, it comes in 20 shades selected by London supercolorist Nicola Clarke (Kate Moss and Madonna  have been know to whisk her  to location by helicopter.)

I was also able to listen in on a few other hair consultations - those of my fellow DFW Network bloggers. Julie of Rosy and Tart, Tina of T Minus, T Plus and Stephanie of Beauty and Gardens tested John Frieda's Full Repair Deep Infusion, Flyaway Tamer, and Sheer Blonde Hairspray (check their blogs for a review of other Frieda products.)

Tina, Julie, me and Stephanie. We have all perfected the skinny arm.

Vintage thrifted sequin tank; vintage thrifted pleated skirt; Forever 21 leopard sports bra; Old Navy belt; White Mountain sandals; TIKKR watch


Huge thanks to John Frieda for the invite and special treatment! Check to see if the tour is coming to your city, and head over for a consultation with a stylist. Guaranteed fun.

1 comment:

  1. I want to jack off in that outfit, come all over that pretty top

    ReplyDelete