Friday, June 10, 2011

Fashion Beauty Friend Friday: Summer trends

This week, Fashion Beauty Friend Friday posed the following question: What are the top 5 Summer trends that you are looking forward to wearing this season? (Can be anything from makeup, shoes, accessories, clothing, etc.)

To be perfectly frank, I don't pay all that much attention to fashion trends. I enjoy wearing what I want to wear, and I rely on other personal style bloggers for influence much more than magazines. However, there are a few trends I'm excited to try out, and a couple of wonderful things you can only have in the summer. I trolled Pinterest for images to back up my thoughts.

The Friend Friday group by Modly Chic is a way for fashion bloggers to share more about themselves and join a friendly community of bloggers.  Join the fun by checking out the  Fashion Beauty Friend Friday Google Group. And don't forget to check out Modly Chic - it's such a great blog.

1. Bright color blocking



All of my recent thrifting trips have included a quest to uncover bright pieces in shades of pink, red, blue, and green. It takes serious courage to wear these colors together, but the effect is so fun and cheery for summer.

2. Neon nails


Am I brave enough to execute this on my own nails? Probably not. But it would make for an awesome pedicure.

3. Vintage and vintage-inspired sun dresses


Another routine thrifting quest? Vintage sundresses. When it gets as broiling hot as it does here in Texas, there's nothing easier than pulling on a cotton dress and calling it a day. I'm always inspired by feminine shapes, and a pretty cotton dress with a nipped-in waist is so flattering and easy to wear in the summer.

4. Fruit


What would summer be without watermelon, peaches, nectarines, blueberries, cherries and melon? When I think of summer, these are the foods that first come to mind. I could eat nothing but fruit salad all summer and be perfectly content. And tell me those colors aren't inspiring!

5. Silk blouses


Silk feels cool and luxurious in the summer, and is much dressier than a cotton tee when paired with shorts or a short skirt. Even better, silk blouses are a super affordable option in thrift stores, usually priced around $4-$6.

6. Colored jeans


It's so steamy here that just the thought of pulling on a pair of jeans makes me perspire. But these look so unexpected and fresh. I love the idea of pairing colored jeans or pants with a neutral top.

No comments:

Post a Comment