Monday, September 19, 2011

{Monday} Guest Post: Erin from Pretty, Polished, Perfect on music as style inspiration

Today I'm in Austin, recovering from my weekend at Austin City Limits. ACL is an outdoor music festival attended by every hipster and dirty hippie hobo within a 1000 mile radius. You see (and smell) a lot of very interesting things at ACL, and it's going to take a day or so for me to process all I experienced there. In the meantime, enjoy a guest post from Erin, one of my most loyal readers and commenters (and a pretty snazzy dresser at that.) 

Hello!  I'm Erin from Pretty, Polished, Perfect. 

In honor of Elissa's attending the Austin City Limits Music Festival, I thought I would share with you a post inspired by my own great love of music:

My tribute to the Beatles' album cover, Abbey Road. 




You know, if the band had consisted of only one member: a female (a mother, no less!) in her 30s, walking in the suburbs. I least I got the pants right. And the crosswalk. Maybe even my hands in my pockets...




Please pardon my 'fro, it's been a bit humid here in Kansas City (and I am so relieved to hear about the rain in Texas - if anyone needed it, they certainly did!) 


Top: Old Navy (on clearance for $6.99!!)
Belt: DIY grosgrain ribbon
Pants: Old Navy
Shoes: Daisy Fuentes (via Kohls....like ten years ago.)


What's your favorite album cover?

Thanks for the opportunity to guest post with you!

Erin B.
prettypolishedperfect.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment