Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Almost daily outfit 9.27: Nobody puts Baby in a corner

Thrifted Ralph Lauren linen shirt; thrifted vintage Levis cutoffs; Gap sandals; thrifted Coach bag; Target belt; Dolly Python cuff;

Last week I thrifted a pair of old, worn out Levis with the sole purpose of chopping them into shorts. (This is the closest I'll ever come to exhibiting a DIY on this blog, by the way. Pinkie swear.) Because I am a child of the eighties, denim cutoffs make me think of one thing, and one thing only - Dirty Dancing. Also known as The Greatest Movie Ever Scripted. In cutoffs, I become Baby, a cynical daddy's girl intent on joining the Peace Corps until becoming entranced by bad-boy Johnny and doing elaborate dance moves with him in a lake. Baby wears her cutoffs, which look suspiciously like the same ones I purchased from the Gap in 1987, everywhere. She wears them while seductively walking down flights of stairs. She wears them while simultaneously slithering and lip-synching across a dance floor. The cutoffs are even there while she tries on wigs with her exhausting, jealous sister in some weird group class on the near-defunct Poconos resort she's staying in.

So this post is dedicated to you, Baby. You wore cutoffs, carried a watermelon, and fell into my heart.





 In case you missed it:
 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment