Sunday, September 25, 2011

On Sundays I Smile - Week in review September 25th

On Sundays I review the past week and I Smile. I share these moments with you.

I realized this week that I had taken a kind of disgusting amount of photos at Austin City Limits, and I hadn't come close to sharing them all here. I yearned to avoid being that horrible relative who drags out their photos from some boring family vacation to, like, Yellowstone National Park, and forces you to see each and every one of them while yammering ON AND ON AND ON and OH MY GOD, WILL THIS EVER END I'VE WATCHED EPISODES OF WILD AMERICA THAT WERE LESS BORING.

Anyway, here are a few choice selections from my ACL experience. Use your imagination and add the feel of of 95+ degree temperatures, the smell of sweaty youngsters who purposely ignored the need for deodorant and soap, and the whiff of a faint cloud of cigarette and other illegal variety of smoke.





This was the bicycle parking area. I have to admit, I was extremely impressed with the sheer number of people who rode their bikes to ACL.

TOMS station, where you could get your newly purchased shoes painted. The hipsters were downright squee for this.


My super secret husband Ray Lamontagne was essentially the reason I went to ACL. If you enjoy husky, smokey, bluegrass and blues influenced music, you NEED to check out his latest album God Willin' and the Creek Don't Rise (which won a Grammy, I might add.)
 
I would also like to add that Ray and I have no relation and I am not being rewarded in any way for endorsing this album. Ray had no idea who I am. Although he should.


What else did I do at ACL? Drink. And eat. But mostly drink. Understand that I only drink for medicinal purposes, stop looking at me that way, because I am a lady and ladies don't do things like become inebriated. This lovely bloody mary with bacon-infused vodka served in a mason jar was consumed more as a meal than gateway drug to intoxication. I swear. Uh, right.



And finally, to close out this post, I present to you this lovely warning sign in our hotel room lobby. This sign provides a perfect indication of the madness that is 6th Street in downtown Austin. Lined with bars, tiny restaurants, tourist shops, more bars, food carts, and yet more bars, a night on 6th street is like Mardi Gras, New Year's Eve in Times Square, and Carnival all rolled into one.


Now it's your turn: What are some things that made you smile this week? Grab my button (created by Kate of Divergent Musings - HUGE THANKS to Kate!) and blog about your Sunday smiles; share your weekly smiles in the comments; or smile just because it makes you feels good.

While I'm reminiscing, here's what happened on Dress With Courage this week:
(I realized today that I hadn't included a single outfit of the day post this week. Have you missed them? Would you like me to bring them back?  Let me know your thoughts.)

I had three big blogger accomplishments this week. All left me stunned and grateful:
 
As always, thank you for supporting me by following my blog, continuing to leave thoughtful and introspective comments, and dropping by every day. I am so appreciative that you are here.

If you're visiting my blog for the first time, please think about following me through Google Friend Connect, tweeting with me on Twitter (@dresscourage), and following me through Bloglovin'. I also have a new Facebook page - come say hi!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment