Sunday, January 1, 2012

On Sunday I Smile - Week in review 1.1.12

On Sundays I review the past week and I Smile. I share these moments with you.


If you've ever watched Parks and Rec, you'll know of the little clip treat yo self. Treat yo self isn't just good for a laugh. It's a state of mind. It's about doing something nice for yourself, just because it feels good or it's fun or it makes you smile. This week I treated myself with these vintage Frye boots scored on eBay. They have a much slimmer cut than today's version of knee-high boots, and they'll be perfect with skirts and tights.



Reasons why I love living in Texas: 1) The weather. 2) The thrifting. 3) The weather. 4) Have I mentioned the weather? (You get my point.) This week brought unseasonably warm temperatures and the chance to spend some time hiking with my kids at a nearby nature preserve. It felt so good to be out in the sunshine.



Last Sunday I had the chance to go thrifting with Beth of the amazing blog Parsimonia {Secondhand With Style}, and she found me this vintage sleeveless sweater with crazy beaded and padded shoulders.Though it's a little Lady Gaga for my taste, I had to have it. Because when the thrifting gods bless you with a sleeveless sweater with beaded and padded shoulders, you can't say no.



Question: Why does food taste so much better when it's served from a hipster-owned food truck and eaten outdoors? I might never find a solution to this predicament, but my stomach will be happy as I try to understand it.



I think tulips are the happiest flower. They cheerfully hint of spring and stand so tall and proud and come in so many vibrant colors. No matter how dismal a mood I might be in, fresh flowers always make me happy. I wonder why I don't buy them more frequently. Do you keep fresh flowers in your house?

Now it's your turn: What are some things that made you smile this week? Grab my button (created by Kate of Kate The Geek - HUGE THANKS to Kate!) and blog about your Sunday smiles; share your weekly smiles in the comments; or smile just because it makes you feel good.

As I'm clomping around the house in my new boots, catch up on everything from Dress With Courage this week:


One blog mention this week:


And now I would like to take a moment and welcome all my new followers:




Thank you for supporting me by following my blog, continuing to leave thoughtful and introspective comments, and dropping by every day. I am so appreciative that you are here.

If you're visiting my blog for the first time, think about following me through Google Friend Connect, and tweeting with me on Twitter (@dresscourage). You can also follow me on Pinterest and Instagram under Dresscourage and on Facebook.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment