Sunday, January 8, 2012

On Sundays I Smile - Week in review 1.8.12

On Sundays I review the past week and I Smile. I share these moments with you.




I went to a new-to-me antique mall this week, where I spent an hour wandering around and experiencing severe grabby hands for most of the things I saw. The antique mall makes me want to live Mrs Havisham-style inside a house filled with all sorts of intriguing ephemera - things like teacups and stacks of dusty books and silver that needs polishing and fading lace curtains on the windows and chipped primitive furniture.


Found in the thrift store this week: A 1950's peach satin gown and matching overcoat with lace detailing on the sleeves. I imagine the woman who owned this set paired it with a bouffant and long white opera gloves and wore it to a a wedding, where she danced to Perry Como and drank Manhattans.


When I was a kid, my favorite thing to do was crack open a case of watercolors and paint. I wasn't especially talented, but I loved mixing the colors and creating composition of fairies and rainbows and other childish subjects. I'm happy to have passed my love of painting down to my kids, although they prefer to paint robots and Pokemon battles.


On Wednesday morning my day started with a pink sunrise, and my 6 am wake-up time felt a little bit less painful.

Now it's your turn: What are some things that made you smile this week? Grab my button (created by Kate of Kate The Geek - HUGE THANKS to Kate!) and blog about your Sunday smiles; share your weekly smiles in the comments; or smile just because it makes you feel good.

As I'm scrubbing paint of my dining room table, catch u on everything from Dress With Courage this week:

Thank you for supporting me by following my blog, continuing to leave thoughtful and introspective comments, and dropping by every day. I am so appreciative that you are here.

If you're visiting my blog for the first time, think about following me through Google Friend Connect, and tweeting with me on Twitter (@dresscourage). You can also follow me on Pinterest and Instagram under Dresscourage and on Facebook.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment