Wednesday, July 18, 2012

{Daily outfit} Pocketed. 7.18.12


Tee shirt? Gap Outlet. Vintage 1950's skirt? Thrifted. Bruno Magli wedges? Thrifted. Vintage clutch? Snagged from my friend Jamie.

Tied with 1940's pickup trucks, pretzel M&M's, babies with red hair, never-before-seen episodes of New Girl and Woodford whiskey, a vintage skirt with pockets emphatically ranks near the top of my list of things that make me happy. I like having pockets to warm my hands when I'm in a location that insists on blasting its air conditioning at arctic temperatures. Pockets are also helpful for stashing the little things my kids discover during the day, like loose change that has mysteriously escaped my wallet and illicit candy snagged from kindly bank tellers.

So hurray to skirts with pockets. And pretzel M&M's too. Because they're delicious.

(Thank you for yesterday's warm welcome back to blogging.  It meant so much.)

1 comment: