Tuesday, July 24, 2012

{Daily Outfit} Polka dot crop. 7.24.12


 Vintage cropped denim vest? Thrifted. Tee shirt? Gap Outlet. Liz Claiborne polka dot skirt? Thrifted. White sandals? DSW. Bracelets? Forever 21.

Some of you have mentioned how happy I've looked in these recent outfit pics. I can blame this on one thing: for the first time in my life, I have a job that I really, truly love. Whether it was fate, friendship, or plain dumb luck, I've ended up working in Vintage Martini, Dallas' best vintage store. When accepting consignments, I get to meet some of the most interesting people and learn just what brought each piece into their life, whether it's a 50's evening gown handed down from their mother or a Gucci bag obtained during a trip to Florence. I get to spend my day in a place that houses delicate Edwardian dresses, crocodile handbags, and spindly Prada heels. I get to learn all the intricacies behind running a small business.

But the best part? I get to wear as much vintage as I want. Like this fun 80's polka dot skirt and cropped denim vest. And that alone is enough to put a smile on my face.

2 comments: