Wednesday, July 25, 2012

{Daily outfit} Summer stripes. 6.25.12



Vintage dress? Thrifted. Vintage clutch? Estate sale. Vintage woven belt? Thrifted. Sandals? DSW. Michael Kors rose gold watch? Thrifted.

I thrifted this dress a few months ago and it has yet to be presented here on the blog, despite the fact that I've worn it approximately 526918 times (or maybe 6. I lost count.) It's one of those things you throw on when everything else in your closet feels too...complicated, like that romper we all somehow got suckered into buying last summer but just cannot bear to throw on anymore.

Rompers are inexplicably complicated. Dresses are not. I love this one because it's striped, full-skirted, and gives the illusion that my waist is smaller that it actually is, effectively hiding the food baby I conceived from last night's chicken and black bean fajita dinner.  In all seriousness, friends, we all should find that one PERFECT dress we can wear when that romper starts to look appealing. Because rompers are instruments of the devil.

1 comment:

  1. OMG i want to put my hand up that pretty dress, make you squirt in your panties

    ReplyDelete