Tuesday, July 31, 2012

flavour of the month: July

I can’t believe it’s already time for another Flavour of the Month & another round up of what I’ve been up to on Instagram… July whizzed by and as we slip, slide away into the final half of the year, those of us having fun in the southern hemisphere are delighted to slip into summer. Yellow has really been catching my eye lately: aren’t these pendant lamps from Entrepo just gorgeous? And it’s difficult to ignore these madeforeachother stripes in my local parking garage…

citrus-colours

Gemma Orkin’s cheerful handmade ceramics adorn a sunny yellow wall in Melissa’s food shop at the V&A while a healthy dose of vitamin C will hopefully keep the flu away.

There’s nothing like a bit of blue sky after the rain to entice those bright spring colours out of the wardrobe…

bright-colours

But I am a self-confessed lover of the monochrome… I even think I dream in black & white. I love my windmill ceramic brooch by talented local artist Tamarillo and I bought squid-ink spaghetti the other day which was darkly delicious! 

monochrome

A stylish sketch by Cape Town illustrator Lauren Fowler and a set of these monochrome Bono mugs are definitely on my wish list. They say sticks & stones may break your bones, but words (& stripes) will never harm you… my consistent love of horizontal lines & the written word will always make me cheerful…

stripes-&-books

I adore finding unexpected beauty amongst the random & ordinary: oxidised metal and a determined little fern finding its niche in a wall of brick…

warm-colours

I spent an entire afternoon creating this cool light installation in my son’s room. He loves it but complains it keeps him awake… go figure! If you’re local & find yourself free on a Friday night with an empty tummy, then head down to the Blue Blue Garage market in Muizenberg for great atmosphere & delicious food.

water-&-love

I love Cape Town and am pleased to call this beautiful city home. My amazing husband & I celebrated 12 years of marriage on Sunday and spent our anniversary in the picturesque seaside town of Hermanus. A great way to end the month!

No comments:

Post a Comment