Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Almost daily outfit of the day: Holiday hysteria 12.21.11

Lucky Brand jacket; thrifted Target blouse; thrifted J Brand jeans; Dolce Vita ankle boots

The week before Christmas marks the official start of winter break for my kids. This means that they're home from school for two weeks, and I am subjected to conversations such as the following:

Jake: MOM! DID YOU SEE THAT COMMERCIAL FOR THE SKYLANDERS WII GAME ON TV???!!! OH MY GOD MOM I WANT THAT FOR CHRISTMAS SO BAD!
Josh: I WANT THAT TOO! Mom, we've been so good this year, we only got in trouble that one time we spilled water all over your laptop and it got broken.
Jake: But then you got a new laptop so it was totally okay.
Josh: And MOM! MOM! MOM! Mom, are you listening? Mom, don't forget I REALLY REALLY REALLY want that Bakugan set, you know the one Mom, it was SO COOL!
Me: (Reaching for the Advil.) Boys, Santa will be here in just four days. Christmas is going to be great. Let's talk about something else for a change, okay?
 *Extended silence.*
Jake: How many minutes to Christmas Mom? Like exactly how many? Because I HAVE TO KNOW.

You can understand my need for both a steady amount of patience and an arsenal of simple outfits this week. These thrifted J Brand jeans might be the best score I've made all year, convincing me that Santa works in mysterious ways.


In case you missed it:

No comments:

Post a Comment