Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Almost daily outfit of the day: Luck be a lady 12.28.11

Vintage Jordache blazer from Hunt. Gather. Style; thrifted silk blouse; Gap Outlet trousers; Stuart Weitzman velvet flats; Bloom clutch

I tend to get stuck in a style rut this time of the year. This centers around the wearing of jeans five or more times a week, paired with either a cardigan, crewneck, or button-down with blazer. My sartorial laziness is most likely based on the following: Residual post-Christmas depression; burrowing as to avoid colder temperatures; and sheer laziness. So today I chose to challenge my winter inertia and dress like a lady. A lady would never wear jeans. Oh no. Ladies prefer tailored trousers, and perfectly applied red lipstick, and blazers with shoulder pads, and impractical clutches that hold little beyond a slim wallet and aformentioned red lipstick. I must admit that I felt prettier, and more pulled-together, in this outfit. My jeans might be calling to me from my closet, but a lady never yields.




In case you missed it:

No comments:

Post a Comment