Sunday, December 25, 2011

On Sundays I Smile {Holiday edition} - Week in review 12.25.11

On Sundays I review the past week and I Smile. I share these moments with you.




Hanukkah is extra-special this year because it coincides with Christmas. This means that our Christmas Eve dinner included latkes and brisket and jelly donuts and we were able to avoid the meal most Jews engage in on Christmas Eve - takeout Chinese food. Don't ask me why this is a thing...I have no idea.


I'm certain that this little gingerbread playhouse in Half Price Books was meant for children. But I couldn't help myself from going inside, pulling up a chair, and reading with my kids. And it was awesome.


With all of our family living in New York City, we rarely get to spend Christmas or Hanukkah with any of them, and we've grown accustomed to creating our own holiday traditions. However, I can't deny that I feel a little envious of friends that get to spend the holidays with their extended families. It doesn't hurt that our postman surprises us with deliveries in the days leading up to Christmas. Seeing those packages stacked under the tree definitely makes me smile.


Vintage sequins for last-minute shopping. Because there's no good reason why I shouldn't feel fancy while trying to decide whether my husband would prefer a gift card or bacon bouquet for a present (I went with bacon.)

Now it's your turn: What are some things that made you smile this week? Grab my button (created by Kate of Kate The Geek - HUGE THANKS to Kate!) and blog about your Sunday smiles; share your weekly smiles in the comments; or smile just because it makes you feel good.

While I'm picking up tiny shards of wrapping paper and helping my kids assemble their Christmas presents, catch up on everyhitng from Dress With Courage this week:
As always, thank you for supporting me by following my blog, continuing to leave thoughtful and introspective comments, and dropping by every day. I am so appreciative that you are here.

If you're visiting my blog for the first time, please think about following me through Google Friend Connect, and tweeting with me on Twitter (@dresscourage). You can also follow me on Pinterest and Instagram under Dresscourage and on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment