Sunday, December 11, 2011

On Sundays I Smile - Week in review December 11th

On Sundays I review the past week and I Smile. I share these moments with you.


I had three main loves as a child:
  1. My Barbie travel van,
  2. The entire Little House on the Prairie series,
  3. and my dolls.
Oh, how I loved my dolls. They kept me company during long trips in the car. They crowded me out of my bed. They shared my love of frilly dresses and penchant for hair bows. My dolls kept my secrets and let me practice being a mommy, the kind that let them eat candy before breakfast and wear outlandish amount of play jewelry if they wanted to.

I was reminded of my childhood dolls when I came upon the above display at the Goodwill. These dolls, in their glass prison, made for one of the creepiest displays I've ever seen. I desperately wanted to rescue them, but I feared I'd be murdered in my sleep.



When the weather gets cold, and the holidays are near, I reach for plaid. Plaid makes me cheery and instantly reminds me of Christmas. I wore a lot of plaid this week, and my mood was greatly improved as a result.



This week I joined the legion of Jeffrey Campbell fanatics when my new splatter Lita ankle boots arrived in the mail from Nordstrom's. I snatched them up when they went on clearance. These are, without a doubt, the craziest shoes I have ever worn. I'm now adding every style to my wish list.



Everyone in my household has been working feverishly on their own wish lists this week. My boys prefer to cut pictures of their desired presents out of catalogs, organize them into piles, and spin elaborate plans of what they will do with these presents once Santa bring them while I pick up tiny little scraps of paper, the flotsam and jetsam from their efforts.




Thrift score of the week: This St. John military sweater, bought for 57 cents. Life is good.

Now it's your turn: What are some things that made you smile this week? Grab my button (created by Kate of Kate The Geek - HUGE THANKS to Kate!) and blog about your Sunday smiles; share your weekly smiles in the comments; or smile just because it makes you feel good.

While I'm prancing around the house in my new shoes, catch up on everything from Dress With Courage this week:


I had one blog mention this week:

  • My post regarding thrifting for winter posts was included in Already Pretty's Lovely Links. I'm thrilled for the mention!

As always, thank you for supporting me by following my blog, continuing to leave thoughtful and introspective comments, and dropping by every day. I am so appreciative that you are here.

If you're visiting my blog for the first time, please think about following me through Google Friend Connect, and tweeting with me on Twitter (@dresscourage). You can also follow me on Pinterest and Instagram under Dresscourage and on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment