Friday, December 9, 2011

Fashion Beauty Friend Friday: Rocking around the Christmas tree

This week, Fashion Beauty Friend Friday members are sharing their holiday wear! With busy calendars packed full of office parties, cookie exchanges, family gatherings and evenings with friends, the holidays are a fun time of year to dress up and break out special items we don't get the opportunity to wear frequently.


Every year, my husband gets invited to an office holiday party, and most years I dread it. I cringe at the thought of making small talk with people I haven't met before and probably won't see again until the next office Christmas party. It doesn't help that my husband works for an extremely conservative company, and my tattoos and bright red hair make me stick out like a whore in church.

However, this year's party will be different from the typical droll events of the past. This year, the theme is ugly Christmas sweaters. This is my chance to shine. I'm not sure when the ugly Christmas sweater party became popular, but it's become so mainstream that ABC ran a segment covering the trend this morning and ugly Christmas sweater inventory in thrift stores is getting wiped out.

I was lucky to thrift two ugly sweaters this year, for $4 each. I'm trying to decide which is worse. I'm leaning towards the navy version, with it's mock turtleneck, beading, sequins and 3D presents beneath the tree. But the 1950's green sweater is horrifyingly appealing as well. Which one would you wear? I'm planning to pair one of these sweaters with black leather skinny pants, my new Jeffrey Campbell splatter Lita booties and a black leather vintage clutch.

As always, I'd love to hear your thoughts in the comments. Have you been invited to holiday parties this year? What are you planning to wear? How do you celebrate the holidays?

Fashion Beauty Friend Friday was created by Katy Rose of Modly Chic. Become a member of the Fashion Beauty Friend Friday Google Group to join in the discussion!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment