Monday, February 13, 2012

{Almost daily outfit of the day} Stress relief 2.13.12

sequins
Thrifted J Crew blazer; thrifted vintage chambray shirt; thrifted vintage sequin skirt; Spanx tights; Urban Outfitters 6x6 ankle boots; vintage estate sale clutch

Last week was among the most stressful I've had in a long time. My husband was out of town for the week, eating lobster rolls in Boston, sleeping in, enjoying room service, and, I suppose, working.  My kids had a million after school activities to attend, including a two-hour class in which they're learning computer programming. They're eight. They're also nerds. There was thrifting, and household chores, and errands to run, and the final proof of my book to approve, and a dreadful elementary school dance on Friday with a fifties sock hop theme. You have not lived until you've seen middle-aged suburban soccer moms prancing around in ill-fitting poodle skirts. Trust me.

So when the weekend came around, all I wanted to do was sit in front of my laptop in sweats and indulge in a little Pinterest-ing. Okay, a lot. I pinned photos of Katherine Hepburn; kitchens with subway tile and exposed brick; twenties flappers in chemises; turquoise jewelry; and women in sequined skirts and chambray. Hence this outfit.

I wore this to eat barbeque with some friends on Saturday night. Wearing sequins while sitting in a restaurant full of grizzled men in Wranglers was a tad inappropriate, but I didn't care. Life is too short not to overdress.

sequins2

sequins3

sequin4

No comments:

Post a Comment