Tuesday, February 21, 2012

contemplating

plates-designsponge2-2 design sponge

My mom often had vintage & decorative plates displayed on the wall in our family home. In this way, both inherited china and flea market finds were artistically displayed & practically kept out the way of 3 boisterous children & their friends. Miraculously, most of the plates survived the swinging cricket bats, bouncing soccer balls, removal men who don’t adhere to the ‘Fragile’ warning on boxes and decades of general family mayhem.

plates-beebeegrace-2 beebee grace

Today I’m pleased to have these family treasures in my home. But at the moment they’re carefully packed away, and I was contemplating how to display them in a contemporary setting. Once I began the inevitable internet search, I was soon sucked down the rabbit hole of gorgeous decor inspiration highlighting various ways of grouping these china beauties. I think my mom would have approved of these unique & eye-catching plate displays.

plates-bright-2 left right

plates-designsponge-2 design sponge

plates-monochrome-2 left right

plates-remodelista-2 remodelista

plates-vtwonen-2 vt wonen

plates-white-2 left right

At the moment I have a lot on my plate, but hopefully soon I can step up to the decor plate and display the lovely china from my mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment