Monday, April 16, 2012

{Almost daily outfit of the day} Catechism 4.16.12


Forever 21 denim jacket; Vintage thrifted Neiman Marcus silk blouse; vintage thrifted skirt; vintage thrifted python clutch; Jessica Simpson kitten heels; Forever 21 bracelets

This is my I Don't Know What To Wear To Church So I Wore Black outfit. Dressing for church is complicated. Not as complicated as trying to understand Middle Eastern politics or why ABC canceled My So-Called Life after one season but complicated nonetheless. When Sunday comes, I struggle between making appropriate, if somewhat bland, sartorial choices, or sticking to my more fashionable, often tattoo-revealing uniform. It's not easy.

I felt like this outfit was a decent compromise. I was covered up and respectful, but still felt like me.




Do you struggle between dressing "appropriately," and dressing like yourself?

1 comment: