Wednesday, April 11, 2012

{Almost daily outfit of the day} Stress relief 4.11.12


Thrifted Splendid tee; Gap Outlet skirt; thrifted Fossil belt; Steve Madden pumps; thrifted  Michael Kors rose gold watch; Forever 21 bracelets

I'm going through a pretty stressful time at home. People react to stress in a variety of different ways. Some turn to healthy, mindful activities, like yoga or running or swimming. Others channel their energy into things like knitting and journaling. A few find their way to therapy and psychotropic medication. Then there are the not-so-healthy coping mechanisms - drinking, and smoking, and maybe even drugs.

My coping mechanism? Thrifting. When I'm sad and anxious and depressed and overwhelmed, I thrift. But then again, come to think of it...when I'm happy, I thrift. When I'm bored, I thrift. When I'm joyful or serene or inspired or broke (always broke), I thrift. I suppose I'm lucky to have stumbled on such a therapeutic hobby. Especially when it gifts me with things like new-with-tags Fossil belts for $2.

1 comment: