Wednesday, April 4, 2012

{Almost daily outfit of the day} A short story 4.4.12


Fossil jacket; Gap plaid shirt; Gap Outlet cutoffs;  Miz Mooz wedges; Old Navy belt; thrifted Gucci tote ($17 from the Salvation Army); Forever 21 and Neiman Marcus bracelets; thrifted Michael Kors watch

You might have heard about the tornadoes that tore through south and west Dallas yesterday. I was at home, hot gluing gold braiding on a thrifted navy suit for a Robert E Lee costume for one of my twins. Then I saw this pic come across my twitter feed:


There are two things that happen when you learn about tornadoes located a short distance from your house. First, you FREAK THE HELL OUT. Then you hyperventilate, hysterically text your husband (who isn't helping by being out of town. Thanks a lot, husband), obsessively watch the news, and madly clean out your coat closet which will serve as a makeshift tornado shelter and is crammed full of random things like baseball bats and tennis balls and wool coats and hangers and scarves and OH MY GOD WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE SAVE YOURSELF AAAARRRRRGGHHHHH.

Today, having faced my imminent death and survived to tell about it, I wore shorts. I hate wearing shorts. But when you've sailed through a terrifying crisis like a tornado outbreak, shorts don't seem that bad.



No comments:

Post a Comment