Thursday, October 20, 2011

Almost daily outfit: An ode to autumn and pumpkin things 10.20.11

Gap blazer; thrifted vintage blouse; thrifted Joe's Jeans; Stuart Weitzman wedges; vintage thrifted clutch; Forever 21 bracelet

Autumn has finally arrived in Texas. This means that temperatures have dropped below eighty and everyone is walking around in gloves and scarves and wool peacoats and tights with Nike Tempo shorts and Uggs. Is this a Texas thing, this Nike shorts with tights and Uggs? It needs to stop. Basically, everyone looks all kinds of ridiculous.

I am definitely a fall kind of girl. For a long time, September, October and November have been my dream months. September is new school supplies (which my inner nerd is nostalgic for) and digging my fall clothes out of storage - things like like plaid skirts and cable knit sweaters and corduroy jeans. October is Halloween and stuffing my face with all the chocolates. And November symbolizes Thanksgiving, and football on TV, and spending time with family and friends. Between the the crisp bite of chilly air in the morning, to the smell of woodburning fires in backyard fire pits in my neighborhood, to hot apple cider and the crunch of leaves underfoot, fall is magical.

However, my favorite thing about fall is pumpkin. Essentially, I want all the pumpkin things. And when I say all, I mean all. Pumpkins are pretty great on their own, what with their bright cheery color and whimsical shape.  But at this point in the year I am focused on consuming all the pumpkin because pumpkin tastes and smells like autumn. I want pumpkin spice candles. And pumpkin spice lattes. And pumpkin muffins and pumpkin bread and pumpkins all over my house and OH MY GOD JUST HAND OVER ALL THE PUMPKIN ALREADY AND NO ONE WILL GET HURT *GRABBY HANDS*.

Today I am happy because I am wearing jeans and a blazer and not sweating my butt off and have pumpkins all over my house. Life is good.


No comments:

Post a Comment