Sunday, October 23, 2011

On Sundays I Smile - Week in review October 23rd

On Sundays I review the past week and I Smile. I share these moments with you.




This week I took a little break from my thrifting for a brush with luxury. I decided to play lady who lunches and took a drive down to the Neiman Marcus flagship store in Dallas. This is a place that smells like money, orchids, and $1000 body lotion concocted from caviar and diamond dust. Touching and trying on clothes I drool over in magazines was practically a religious experience. It wasn't until I dropped by the Chanel boutique, though, that I began to seriously swoon.



This is not a picture taken in Neiman Marcus. No, this is the lobby of my gynocologist's office. Only in the Texas suburbs are doctor's offices constructed out of Italian marble, granite, leather and crystal. I have to admit that my lady-bits felt a wee bit more comfortable surrounded by such luxury.




Yesterday was my husband's birthday, and we celebrated by accompanying him to the PGA Superstore. This is a place where middle-aged white men in plaid shorts congregate to discuss things like their swing and birdies and balls and related ridiculous topics. There was this fun indoor putting green, though, that made the trip a little more bearable.






I also took a little trip to my best-friend-in-my head Kendi's (of Kendi Everyday - surely you've heard of her) shop Bloom, conveniently located ten minutes from my house. I had grabby hands for nearly everything, but it was this leather clutch that came home with me.

Now it's your turn: What are some things that made you smile this week? Grab my button (created by Kate of Divergent Musings - HUGE THANKS to Kate!) and blog about your Sunday smiles; share your weekly smiles in the comments; or smile just because it makes you feel good.

As I sit in reflection on the $4000 python Valentino bag that beckoned to me in Neiman Marcus, catch up on everything from Dress With Courage this week:
In addition, I also wrote an article on the power of getting personal in your blog posts for the Independent Fashion Bloggers website. Be sure to check it out!

I have one big giveaway running right now:
As always, thank you for supporting me by following my blog, continuing to leave thoughtful and introspective comments, and dropping by every day. I am so appreciative that you are here.

If you're visiting my blog for the first time, please think about following me through Google Friend Connect, tweeting with me on Twitter (@dresscourage), and following me through Bloglovin'. I also have a new Facebook page - come say hi!

No comments:

Post a Comment