Thursday, October 13, 2011

Almost daily outfit: Whiteout 10.13.11

Thrifted vintage Diane Von Furstenberg blouse; Citizens of Humanity jeans (eBay); thrifted python clutch; Nine West high-heeled loafers; Forever 21 bracelets

White clothes are sleek. White clothes are elegant. White clothes are light. White clothes scare the crap out of me. On the few occasions I wear white, I am reduced to a quivering anxious mess, convinced I will spill something aggressive and highly pigmented on myself. Such as red wine. Never mind the fact that I rarely drink red wine, and when I do it is strictly for medicinal purposes only, stop looking at me like that.

When I came across this blouse at a tiny Goodwill for $4, I knew it was time for me to get over my fear of white clothes. This was a sign from the gods. This was my chance to confidently strut through the day, head held high, secure in the fact that I am a grown-up and not a toddler who careens around with grape juice stains dotting her romper. Mostly because I despise rompers.

In any case, I managed to make it through the day without a single stain on my new blouse, despite close encounters with coffee, marinara sauce, and the unidentifiable ickiness my children graciously carried home from school. Victory is sweet.


In case you missed it:

No comments:

Post a Comment