Saturday, August 6, 2011

Daily Outfit 8/6/11

In my little world, Thursday night means one thing, and one thing only: Project Runway.  This is possibly my favorite show on television. No, scratch that - it's definitely my favorite. My passion for this show runs so deep that I swear, if someone interrupts me while it's on I will stab them in the eye with a knitting needle. ANYWAY, I was stuffing my face full of popcorn when the final runway show of the episode came on, and I was overcome with grabby hands for contestant Joshua M's final look. He utilized aquarium pebbles, netting and tubing to create an adorable crop top and full swing skirt.


Center: Joshua's final look. The dress on the right is constructed from hamster bedding and a dog bed; the dress on the left is made from birdseed. BIRDSEED. Is this show great or what?
Now, I may not have any aquarium pebbles or netting on hand, but I sure as hell have a crop top and full circle skirt. So I took some inspiration from Joshua and combined the two.


Forever 21 crop tank; Forever 21 leopard sports bra; thrifted vintage circle skirt; H&M sandals; Buffalo Exchange python clutch; Urban Outfitters necklace; Dolly Python leather cuff; Forever 21 & thrifted vintage bracelets


The best thing about this skirt? The following:




(By the way, I'm on Facebook now - come say hi!

1 comment: