Sunday, August 14, 2011

On Sundays I Smile - Week in Review August 14th

On Sundays I review the past week and I Smile. I share these moments with you.


This week I attended my ever first fashion show. It was held at Tootsies, a high-end women's boutique in Dallas, and attended by people in an income bracket about eight million billion levels above mine. I felt sorely under-dressed and under-made up, but managed to shake my anxiety off (with the help of a glass of champagne...or two) and snap a few photos.


By far, the most epic (and bizarre) moment of the show was a parade of shirtless hunky male models holding items such as purses, shoes and jewelry as they walked down the runway. Cue audience swooning.






Kate Spade's Fall 2011 suede slingbacks. Yes and also please.
There were also clothes to try on and purchase. Sparkly, expensive, gorgeous clothes. Cue me swooning.


It was also this week that my skin took one hard, cold, critical look at me, and promptly decided to freak the hell out. I dragged my pimply self over to Sephora and, at the recommendation of the internet, bought Kate Somersville's Detox daily cleanser and Eradi-Kate blemish control. I've been using the products for two days and so far...nothing.

Does anyone have any recommendations for products to control cystic breakouts? I could really use some advice.


After my Sephora trip, I took my kiddos over to Toys R Us, also known to them as Mecca. They examined Legos and Pokemon cards and Nintendo DS games and more Legos and Wii games and art supplies and yet more Legos. When we hit the cashier with their purchases, my daughter came upon these wondrous ginormous Tootsie Pops. I love Tootsie Pops. Love love love. And she knows it.

Now it's your turn: What are some things that made you smile this week? Grab my button
(created by Kate of Divergent Musings - HUGE THANKS to Kate!) and blog about your Sunday smiles; share your weekly smiles in the comments; or smile just because it makes you feels good.

While I'm searching for a paper bag to hide my face under, catch up on everything that went down on Dress With Courage this week:


As always, thank you for supporting me by following my blog, continuing to leave thoughtful and introspective comments, and dropping by every day. I am so appreciative that you all are here.

If you're visiting my blog for the first time, please think about following me through Google Friend Connect, tweeting with me on Twitter (I'm quite witty on the Twitter, I promise), and following me through Bloglovin'. I also have a new Facebook page - come say hi!


No comments:

Post a Comment