Sunday, August 21, 2011

On Sundays I Smile - Week in review August 21st

On Sundays I review the past week and I Smile. I share these moments with you.



This week I took a little trip down to the Bishop Arts district of Dallas and visited an artisan chocolate shop called Dude, Sweet Chocolate. I'd seen a feature on them on The Food Network and was intrigued, especially by the staff, who are all dreadlocked and tattooed and eccentric. But oh, the chocolate. I saw things like chocolate-covered bacon (which I tried, I'm not gonna lie) and Zip Code honey, lavender and Dallas Mozz. Co. goat crema chocolates, and cocoa coconut marshmallows and something called Crack in a Box which I am telling you was the SINGLE GREATEST thing I have ever eaten. If you're anywhere near Dallas, go check this place out. You will not be disappointed.



Somehow, an innocent jaunt into Urban Outfitters turned into the purchase of a studded fanny pack. I have no clue how this happened. It jumped into my arms and I simply did not have the willpower to resist. I love it...but I'm terrified to wear it. What if I'm stereotyped as a aging hipster (which, let's face it, I kind of am) or a confused tourist on her way to someplace really, really cheesy like Madame Tussards Wax Museum? Any suggestions how to wear this thing while avoiding all the preceding terrifying scenarios?



I also stopped into Charming Charlie's, a jewelry and accessories store. If you're in need of a sparkly shiny twinkly necklace/ring/bracelet/pair of earrings/handbag this is the place for you. Items are grouped by color, and the amount of bling available is truly overwhelming. It made me a little twitchy. But not necessarily in a bad way.




This week I got a few presents from my mailman. Though I rely on blogs for fashion tips much more than magazines these days, the arrival of the September issues is still like Christmas and my birthday and the time I got an A on my chemistry exam all rolled into one.




And finally, to end things on an insanely sweet note, I present to you a candy buffet I stumbled on in the Grapevine Outlet Mall. Do want.

Now it's your turn: What are some things that made you smile this week? Grab my button (created by Kate of Divergent Musings - HUGE THANKS to Kate!) and blog about your Sunday smiles; share your weekly smiles in the comments; or smile just because it makes you feels good.

While I'm smiling, catch up on this week's posts from Dress With Courage:

As always, thank you for supporting me by following my blog, continuing to leave thoughtful and introspective comments, and dropping by every day. I am so appreciative that you are here.

If you're visiting my blog for the first time, please think about following me through Google Friend Connect, tweeting with me on Twitter (I'm quite witty on the Twitter, I promise), and following me through Bloglovin'. I also have a new Facebook page - come say hi! 

No comments:

Post a Comment