Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Marshalls took me shopping and gave me a gift card for you!

Last Friday I was treated to a special tour and shopping spree courtesy of Marshalls and TJ Maxx. I've been a huge fan of both stores for years and love the fact that I can always find this season's fashions at 40-60% retail prices. Thanks to both stores, I managed to outfit myself throughout my lean college years while staying both stylish and current.






While being led around the store, I learned that both stores receive over 10,000 new items every week, which means you never know what will come in - paradise for a bargain hunter such as myself. TJ Maxx and Marshalls aren't discount stores, as most consumers mistakenly believe. They're off price retailers, and provide this season's brands and styles while catering to bargain hunters who love the thrill of finding designer brands at deeply discounted prices. I saw brands such as Paige, Seven For All Mankind, Frye, Stuart Weitzman, Jessica Simpson, Ralph Lauren, Cole Haan, Coach, Free People and Ella Moss, all at between 40-60% off. It was kind of like being in heaven. 


With merchandise varying between store to store - and region by region - buyers are able to handpick items for each location. With over 1600 stores nationwide they're also able to get the best deals from thousands of vendors in over 60 countries around the world. Buyers have the opportunity to purchase merchandise at the last minute of any given season, and they can buy either a large quantity or just a few pieces.

Marshall's is well-known for the huge shoe department. And for good reason.









One of fall 2011 hottest trends - the high heel loafer, at 50% off. This came home with me.






I loved these stacked platforms. So I bought the leopard ones. Animal print and fall just kind of go together, don't they?
When I shop in Marshalls and TJ Maxx, I typically head straight for the handbags.


Did you know that Cynthia Rowley produces a special collection just for Marshalls and TJ Maxx? Neither did I. This leather and leopard satchel is just gorgeous.


Oh, and this? A Rebecca Minkoff bag. I loved the rich jewel tone, whip stitching and chain strap. And the price - 50% off retail. Yup, this came home with me too.

Here are some tips if you're thinking about shopping at Marshalls and TJ Maxx:

  • Look carefully at the "compare at" price on the tag: The tag will show you exactly how much money you're saving;

  • Look for purple tags: These tags indicate a higher-end designer item. A TJ Maxx near me has a Runway Section, which offers Gucci, Prada, Missoni, J Brand, and Alice + Olivia, and these items are identified by a purple price tag.

  • Get to know your store's layout: Everyone has a favorite section, whether it be bags, shoes, lingerie or jewelry. Knowing where to go can help you quickly locate that special thing you're looking for.

  • Never, ever pass up a good bargain: Stores receive limited quantities of each item, so merchandise can sell out quickly. The perfect dress or handbag might not be there the next time you visit. 

  • Not sure where to start? Try shopping the displays at the front of the store before easing into the racks. Merchandise in this section is organized by style and designer on four-sided clothing racks. This is a good place to star before digging deeper into the store to search for even more styles organized by size.


And now, a giveaway for you! Marshalls and TJ Maxx offered me a $25 gift card for one lucky winner! The card can be used at either store and is only good in the United States.

To enter, simply do the following:

  • Follow me on Google Friend Connect.

For extra bonus entries: 
  • Follow me on Twitter @dresscourage;

  • Follow @TJMaxx and @Marshalls on Twitter;

  • Tweet the following about this giveaway: I just entered to win @dresscourage gift card giveaway from TJ Maxx and Marshalls! http://tinyurl.com/3uuvmhu


A HUGE thank you to Marshalls and TJ Maxx for the shopping spree and store tour! 


Like this post? PLEASE take a minute and vote for me in the CBS DFW Most Valuable Blogger Awards! I'm a finalist!

No comments:

Post a Comment