Sunday, August 21, 2011

Wanderlust Ways

Hello Monday! Hope you’ve all had a well-earned rest this weekend…

I was fortunate to have my guest post entry featured on the Freeworld Design Centre blog [click here to see it] and today I thought I’d show you my second entry which I’ve posted on the site. If you like it, please vote for it here! It’s easy peasy… just login with your Facebook account and click the little stars and you’re done!

So here’s entry #2:

“A good plan is like a road map: it shows the final destination and usually the best way to get there” quotes H Stanley Judd. I’m not particularly good at reading maps, and inevitably have to turn the map upside down to make head or tail of the direction in which I need to travel.

Navigational systems facilitate our travel agendas, although I’ve noticed that mine doesn't always want to take me the quickest route. When I change the course to follow my instinct, it repeatedly chants “Recalculating!” with an increasing urgency. It’s a bit like the navigational system of our life: sometimes we need to take the long way around, driving along roads never before travelled, until we experience life and push ourselves in new directions. As author Les Brown once said, “Your goals are the road maps that guide you and show you what is possible for your life.”
So in the spirit of intrepid journeys, maps and travel, I’ve put together some wanderlust inspiration which shows that there’s more than one way to use a map!

Maps 1Maps 2 textMaps 3Maps 4Maps 5 textMaps 6

image credits 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. 11. 12. 13. 14. 15. 16. 17. 18.

Thank you for your support!

Entry #1 and entry #2 [you can even vote for both of them]

No comments:

Post a Comment