Sunday, November 13, 2011

On Sundays I Smile - Week in Review November 13th

On Sundays I review the past week and I Smile. I share these moments with you.



Here is a brief list of things I would rather do than cleaning out my closet:
  • Scrubbing the bathrooms.
  • Organizing my books using the Dewey Decimal System.
  • Cooking an extravagant ten course meal in the obsessive compulsive style of Martha Stuart.
  • Refreshing my Tumblr dashboard to see if anyone liked my last post.
  • Checking my email for sales deals from The Gap.
  • Composing a 2000 page thesis exploring the theological argument of whether the book of Genesis is poetical and thus not historical. (Discuss amongst yourselves.)

Essentially, I would rather do anything other than clean out my closet. But I did. And I can't deny that it feels great to see the results. I can see the floor in there, people. I had forgotten what it looked like.


So what did I do to celebrate Operation Closet Clean Out? I went thrifting, of course. Because nothing defeats the purpose of donating five bags of clothes to Goodwill than filling up my closet with new purchases from Goodwill. And when the price list includes sweaters for $2, it's hard to resist.



Conveyor belt sushi. Enough said. This little restaurant is a favorite of my daughter and I. We have a girls day out once a month and always save room for sushi. This place is a fun way to try new rolls without making a serious financial commitment. And it's super fun.



Then there are my boys, who would much rather ogle fire trucks than eat sushi.



This week I fell further down the Starbucks rabbit hole and discovered a new addiction: Caramel hot apple cider. Put down your pumpkin spice lattes, your chai lattes, your triple shot cafe mistos and try it. Yes, your teeth will ache from the sweetness, but you will feel like you're drinking a slice of apple pie. And what could be better than that?



We don't get truly definable seasons here in Texas. For example, the calendar tells us it's fall, yet the leaves have only just begun to change and temperatures have been in the mid seventies. Nevertheless, we've been having some absolutely gorgeous weather. I don't think I've ever seen a bluer sky.

Now it's your turn: What are some things that made you smile this week? Grab my button (created by Kate of Kate The Geek - HUGE THANKS to Kate!) and blog about your Sunday smiles; share your weekly smiles in the comments; or smile just because it makes you feel good.


While I'm sipping my third hot caramel apple cider of the week (stop looking at me like that) catch up on everything from Dress With Courage this week:

One blogger mention this week:
  • Sal of Already Pretty included my post about imperfection and celebrity diets in her Lovely Links for the week. I am so honored to be included!

And one awesomesauce giveaway on my blog:

As always, thank you for supporting me by following my blog, continuing to leave thoughtful and introspective comments, and dropping by every day. I am so appreciative that you are here.

If you're visiting my blog for the first time, please think about following me through Google Friend Connect, and tweeting with me on Twitter (@dresscourage). I also have a Facebook page - come say hi!


    No comments:

    Post a Comment