Sunday, November 6, 2011

On Sundays I Smile - Week in review November 6th

On Sundays I review the past week and I Smile. I share these moments with you.

This was a BUSY week. I finally felt well enough to leave the house, and had a lot of thrifting to catch up on (along with boring stuff like housework, blogging, and running errands.) Let's cover the thrifting first, shall we? Because it's a hell of a lot more interesting.




If I had to name one thing I loved the most about thifting, it has to be the thrill of discovering the unusual. There is nothing in the world like diving into a thrift store and excavating something unique, eclectic, or downright bizarre. I like to imagine the people who bought these items when they were new. Who was the gentleman that wore this utterly fantastic Mr. T tee shirt? Was he a fan of the A-Team, or did he merely want to channel Mr. T's gruff glamour? What of the woman who owned that completely encrusted sequin blazer? I envision her waltzing in to some holiday party, a living mirror ball blinding other women around her. And what about that gold leisure suit? What's up with that?


Then there was this sumptuous vintage fur coat. Lined in satin with an inside monogrammed pocket, just trying on this coat made me feel chic. Never mind the fact that I'll be shedding fur all over myself while wearing it. For $13, I couldn't resist.


These Abraham Lincoln busts were not found at a thrift store. No, I stumbled upon these gilded beauties at Urban Outfitters. My only regret is that I didn't take one home with me. He's look fabulous among my holiday decor.


And finally, I end with an obligatory picture of one of my children dressed for Halloween. Josh wanted to be an Angry Bird more than anything, and the only costume I could find was an adult sized x-small. He was thrilled to wear it.

Now it's your turn: What are some things that made you smile this week? Grab my button (created by Kate of Divergent Musings - HUGE THANKS to Kate!) and blog about your Sunday smiles; share your weekly smiles in the comments; or smile just because it makes you feel good.

As I sit in reflecton upon that sequined blazer, catch up on everything from Dress With Courage this week:
As always, thank you for supporting me by following my blog, continuing to leave thoughtful and introspective comments, and dropping by every day. I am so appreciative that you are here.

If you're visiting my blog for the first time, please think about following me through Google Friend Connect, tweeting with me on Twitter (@dresscourage), and following me through Bloglovin'. I also have a new Facebook page - come say hi!


    No comments:

    Post a Comment