Sunday, November 20, 2011

On Sundays I Smile - Week in review November 20th

On Sundays I take a moment to review the past week and I Smile. I share these moments with you.





This week began with football and barbecue with my friends Julie and Tina. I served a pretty amazing purple cabbage slaw and a pulled pork. I was pretty proud. If I get enough requests, I'll post the recipes on the blog, which would pretty hilarious because I'm not a foodie and, as a matter of fact, avoid cooking at all costs.



I really can't take credit for either dish - the slaw recipe was gleamed from The Pioneer Woman and my husband made the pulled pork. I did, however, insist on using Sweet Baby Ray's barbecue sauce, which was a considerable contribution. Julie prepared pumpkin hummus while our husbands watched football, and I served as her food model.



Earlier in the week I returned to one of my favorite vintage stores in Dallas, Dolly Python. This place is insane. An indoor flea market, antique shop and vintage store, you can find all sorts of interesting and bizarre curiosities, like a used coffin from the 1900's and vintage photographs and animal skulls and turquoise rings and neon signs and clothes that you wouldn't believe, such as this leather suit with a precious stone bird. It weighed more than my eleven year-old.


I've become just a little obsessed with Whole Foods lately. As in, I ate lunch there three times last week. I have a problem. But it was in Whole Foods that I solidly confirmed the fact that I am on Team Pie, when this display left me drooling. (Are you Team Cake or Team Pie?)


Dear Urban Outfitters,

Thanks for jumping the shark on the Southwestern trend.

Sincerely, Me.


Nerd alert: I am a gamer. A board gamer, that is. Thankfully I live with two little board gamers of my own. This is how I spent yesterday morning. I won, by the way.

Now it's your turn: What are some things that made you smile this week? Grab my button (created by Kate of Kate The Geek - HUGE THANKS to Kate!) and blog about your Sunday smiles; share your weekly smiles in the comments; or smile just because it makes you feel good.


And by the way, the original idea for weekly smiles came from the blog Monster Cakes, which I've been obsessed with since I started reading months ago. It's amazing.


While I'm trying to determine which pie to serve during Thanksgiving, or just buy all the pies, catch up on everything from Dress With Courage this week:


Two blogger mentions this week:

  • My post regarding anorexia and walking without crutches was featured on Already Pretty and Those Graces. I am overwhelmed not only by the supportive comments from you, my readers, but also the inclusion of my post on both of these blogs. Be sure to jump over to them and read through their posts.

As always, thank you for supporting me by following my blog, continuing to leave thoughtful and introspective comments, and dropping by every day. I am so appreciative that you are here.

If you're visiting my blog for the first time, please think about following me through Google Friend Connect, and tweeting with me on Twitter (@dresscourage). You can also follow me on Pinterest and Instagram under Dresscourage and on Facebook.


No comments:

Post a Comment